Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Freedmen's Bureau

The freedmen’s bureaus sole purpose was to ease the transition from a nation based on slavery, to one containing free black men. Another goal this bureau strived for was providing education for black women and men. In this, they exceeded. They were able to create fundamental colleges such as Howard University. Unlike their idea of having education provided for black, the transition itself was not easy when Politian’s or citizens refused to cooperate.  Day to day humans can relate to this situation in a way. Let’s say I was to make a goal of losing weight in the year 2013. For this I would have to do 2 things. 1;being eating healthy. My secondary action towards my goal would be to workout daily. I accomplish my second goal, but because my stomach will not cooperate with me, I keep on eating junk food. 


http://vshadow.vcdh.virginia.edu/freedmen1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment